Worried about how to get your license back?
If your license has been suspended for drinking and driving violations, or MIP's, or other substance abuse related convictions, you may be concerned about how to go about getting your driving privilege restored.
Apex therapists can complete the forms the State of Michigan requires and help you apply for reinstatement of your driving privileges. At Apex, we take the worry out of "how to do it" and help you get the right forms filled out.
You can make an appointment by calling any Apex Office and asking the secretary that answers the phone to book an appointment for a driver's license, or substance abuse, evaluation. While our staff cannot give you legal advice, we are qualified to complete the necessary forms the State requires.
You should bring the following information to your first meeting with the therapist:
- Master driving record (available through the Secretary of State), and all other paperwork from the State.
- 3-6 letters of reference attesting to your ongoing abstinence from alcohol or other substances. These letters have a specific format and must include the length of time that person has known you, how they know that you are no longer drinking (or using) how often, or in what capacity they know this to be true. They must also include the persons name, address and daytime phone number.
- Copies of any probation discharge(s).
- Dates/locations of any treatment you have received for your drug or alcohol problem, and copies of discharges/treatment plans/or other information from your treatment provider.
- All AA/NA sign-in sheets if you have been required to attend twelve step meetings as a result of your license revocation.
Part of the evaluation will consist of the interview, and you will be given one or two screening tests (pencil and paper) to determine the progress of your recovery. You will also be referred to a lab for a ten-panel drug screen.
The examiner will complete the Substance Abuse Evaluation form as required by the State.
You will receive a copy of all paperwork for your records as well as the original documentation that you can send to the State along with your application for a hearing.
The cost is $250 and must be paid prior to receiving your completed evaluation.
Regina Patton, L.M.S.W. and a host of other clinicians, has extensive experience with substance abuse population and can complete DLE's at our Westland location. Please contact her to make an appointment at 734.729.3133(Westland).